District Heating: Combined CHP and gas boiler system
Banner

Hi, Guest

Author Topic: District Heating: Combined CHP and gas boiler system  (Read 32 times)

PaulPulver

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
« on: August 10, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »
Hello,

I'm modelling a hotel which is to be supplied with district space heating and district hot water services. The district heat supply is to be provided both by a CHP system and gas boiler. When defining the HVAC system I've input the following paramters: Central heating using radiators --> District Heating --> Use CHP My question is how to work out the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio...my best guess is that I work out a bivalent system efficiency with known SEERs for both CHP and boiler, and the annual load that they each contribute. Would this be right? My concern is that the CHP SEER, based upon thermal efficiency of 43%, makes the bivalent system efficinecy rather low...Perhaps by completing the CHP system parameters at building level, i.e. power:heat ratio, thermal/elec efficiency, % of heating/DHW supplied etc, then the calculations then makes an allowance for the low District Heating SEER as described in previous paragraph... I look forward to any feedback you may have.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.designbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2359
Wealth Management Platform Example

Thank you.

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close