Is Anyone using a home energy monitoring system?
Banner

Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Is Anyone using a home energy monitoring system?  (Read 1474 times)

JoeClark

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
« on: August 01, 2017, 04:12:05 PM »
Hello,

I am doing a fairly large project with all new hvac as well as building a home theater and my energy consumption has always been through the roof. I average 2,000 KWH a month already and my new additions may cause it to increase. I had an electrician laying out wires tell me I have some type of electrical problem, because 2,000 KWH is way too much for what I am using. He said I should install an electrical monitoring system to figure out where the power is going.
I have see a bunch of plug in ones that you have to manually plug everything in but I don't want to do that. i also see the energy detective that has mixed views.I went through Energy Monitoring Video to know more but wasn't satisfied.
Anyone recommend a product for this application.

Thank you.

shakerell

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Anyone using a home energy monitoring system?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 12:29:00 PM »
You might have guessed by now from the name that solar energy works by using the sun. But most people haven’t really thought about how solar power works from the inside except that it’s powered by the sun, right? If you’re looking for a slightly more technical description of just how solar power works, the solar power panels contains special cells made from silicone – which are “excited” by the sun’s rays that pass through them. This is pure energy, which gets converted to electricity. Enough to power up a plug, enough to power up your house. That’s really cool, right?

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close