Solar laptop lids
Banner

Author Topic: Solar laptop lids  (Read 4025 times)

LucidEnergy

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
Solar laptop lids
« on: November 25, 2015, 03:01:25 PM »
Mostly for when working al fresco. I've always though for higher end models, this would be a nice addition. There is nothing more annoying than being outside far from a power point, and having a very low battery. I've always liked the idea of integrating a solar PV panel into the lid of a laptop to give it a small extention in battery life.

CuriousGeorge

• View Profile
Re: Solar laptop lids
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 04:41:35 PM »
Wouldn't that heat the laptop up though? That would decrease performance and life expectancy, so I doubt people would want it.

JamesH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:31:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can get laptop bags with solar panels in, this would make a panel on the laptop itself redundant, and would let you charge it in when in the bag. An inbuilt panel would be a lot less useful in my opinion.

Zarostulus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:59:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can get laptop bags with solar panels in, this would make a panel on the laptop itself redundant, and would let you charge it in when in the bag. An inbuilt panel would be a lot less useful in my opinion.
Yeah, I think this is the way to go. In all honesty, my laptop bag sees more of the sun than my laptop anyway. The best way is for a solar-powered bag to charge the laptop battery through the same technology as some modern phones are now using to charge by simply resting on top of the charger.

JamesH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 12:11:52 PM »
Mostly for when working al fresco. I've always though for higher end models, this would be a nice addition. There is nothing more annoying than being outside far from a power point, and having a very low battery. I've always liked the idea of integrating a solar PV panel into the lid of a laptop to give it a small extention in battery life.

It appears samsung are already ahead of you on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udiH17HID5M

Apparently Mac also had plans, but nothing seems to have come of it.

allegrif

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »
It appears samsung are already ahead of you on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udiH17HID5M

Apparently Mac also had plans, but nothing seems to have come of it.
Looks clunky as hell, not something I'll be buying :p

smithwonka4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »
Earlier this year when the Ontario government introduced its new cap-and-trade initiative, there was a unanimous and collective sigh of frustration from home and business owners who will be facing higher energy costs as the province works to implement more green and sustainable energies into the grid. active business services

shakerell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 08:58:21 AM »
A solar generator is a device that can generate a large amount of usable energy from the sun. This will work via a process called ‘solar photovoltaic’, meaning that as long as the generators have a good line of sight to the sun, they will keep producing power.

Solar panels are becoming increasingly popular in residential settings as a way to reduce energy bills and to provide backup power sources in the case of a solar eclipse. After the users have paid back their initial investment, they can then ‘sell back’ their energy or use it to offset their overall usage and thereby start to turn a small profit/make savings.

Portable solar generators on the other hand are of course used in order provide solar power on the move – which is useful for those who enjoy camping, or who travel a lot. This way, you will never be left unable to charge your mobile phone or laptop and you can enjoy more modern conveniences like cooking appliances and even entertainment while you are away from home. Likewise, a portable solar generator will also have the benefit of being easier to transport if you should move home, or if you should want to bring your generator with you on a holiday.

The best portable solar generator is one that offers a lot of reliable power, while being small and light enough to easily move around. Often, these take the shape of a briefcase and provide numerous ports and plugs for users to charge their devices from.

In this article, we will look at the best portable solar generators and will discuss what you should be looking for when you make your choice.

Reading the latest reviews

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close