Looking to change to a green career - page 1
Banner

Looking to change to a green career

Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Looking to change to a green career  (Read 40 times)

TeslaDoug

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
Looking to change to a green career
« on: July 19, 2021, 05:07:24 AM »
30 something year old airline pilot here, looking to change careers. It may sound hard for some to believe, but I've completely lost my passion for aviation, was getting a little burned out, and then the COVID stuff zapped most of the rest of the joy out of it. Furthermore, I've always felt a discrepancy between my concern for the planet, and my occupation, which involves combusting a lot of hydrocarbons.

I obviously have some technical skillset and aptitude, some college and am trying to get an idea what areas of renewable energy might be a good fit for me. Being some kind of technician might be good, though I'm not currently fully able-bodied (cryonic foot and back pain). If I could somehow get into an occupation where I worked from home that would be ideal at this point.

I'm also in the states, couldn't seem to find an analog to this forum in the US, but I figure the industries and job requirements are similar on either side of the pond.

Anyway, and advance would be greatly appreciated!

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close