Has anyone been an activist regarding environmental issues? - page 1
Banner

Has anyone been an activist regarding environmental issues?

Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Has anyone been an activist regarding environmental issues?  (Read 3932 times)

LucidEnergy

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
Has anyone been an activist regarding environmental issues?
« on: December 02, 2015, 06:34:26 PM »
I used to have a blog in 2007/2008 about renewables and environmental issues, got about 50 unique visiters per day on average.

My aunt is also the co-founder of the Oxfordshire green construction network https://www.renewableenergyhub.co.uk/Forum/general/uk-to-lose-0-5gw-of-capacity-in-the-new-year/ and is a frequent speaker on BBC Radio Oxford about environmental issues.

JamesH

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone been an activist regarding environmental issues?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 04:18:31 PM »
I used to have a blog in 2007/2008 about renewables and environmental issues, got about 50 unique visiters per day on average.

My aunt is also the co-founder of the Oxfordshire green construction network https://www.renewableenergyhub.co.uk/Forum/general/uk-to-lose-0-5gw-of-capacity-in-the-new-year/ and is a frequent speaker on BBC Radio Oxford about environmental issues.

Nice, what happened to the blog?

Personally I'm not an activist, but it's something I might think about in the future. I try to spread awareness where I can.

allegrif

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 03:37:28 PM »
I've never been politically/environmentally active in this sense, but I have every intention of raising awareness in the future. I'm pretty new on the scene, so I'm still learning quite a lot as I go. I like to know everything there is to know before I go preaching a gospel to climate change naysayers. For example, I still don't fully understand Micro CHP or biomass boilers, but I'm getting there ;)

Jemappelle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:33:08 PM »
I was an activist for many years on local issues, and continue to be active in the fight against fracking. I think that's one issues that has gotten a lot of people involved again.

GemmaRowlands

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 11:30:32 PM »
I would never class myself as an activist as such, but at the same time I do certainly try my best to spread the word about issues whenever I can. I would actually like to have more to do with campaigning, but unfortunately I'm so busy at work that it just isn't something that I am able to do at the moment really.

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close