Did you know Norway's electricity is 100% renewable? - page 1
Banner

Did you know Norway's electricity is 100% renewable?

Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Did you know Norway's electricity is 100% renewable?  (Read 4050 times)

St Rhenium

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
Did you know Norway's electricity is 100% renewable?
« on: December 02, 2015, 07:07:40 PM »
Around 99% comes from hydroelectric power, with small additional input from wind and geothermal. If Norway can do that, why can't we? We are an island after all.

LucidEnergy

• View Profile
Re: Did you know Norway's electricity is 100% renewable?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »
I didn't know that.  But then again they invested their oil money more wisely. They also have a smaller population to supply and an almost endless amount of fjords.

JamesH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 07:23:14 PM »
So Iceland and Norway are the worlds top 2, Are they just harvesting direct from Thor's lightning bolt? :D

Seriously though Norway never has anything to worry about with regards to fuel dependancy. They have a fully renewable grid, and enough oil to see them through a transitionary phase to renewable car transport.

St Rhenium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 04:31:30 PM »
I didn't know that.  But then again they invested their oil money more wisely. They also have a smaller population to supply and an almost endless amount of fjords.
Yeah, I didn't think about that. I suppose if two countries have a similar size but differing populations the one with the smaller population will be easier to transition to renewables. You only need to pick the top few dam locations etc then.

GemmaRowlands

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 11:31:49 PM »
I think it is very important for countries to take lessons from places like Norway who clearly do energy so well. But I suppose it's swings and roundabouts, in that there may be other things that we do well that they admire us for - but I do think it would be a worthy investment for us in the UK in the long term.

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close