Overlooked potential benefit of green roofs - page 1
Banner

Overlooked potential benefit of green roofs

Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Overlooked potential benefit of green roofs  (Read 3731 times)

LucidEnergy

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
Overlooked potential benefit of green roofs
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:12:23 AM »
With a lot of modern housing developments, the garden area is significantly less than were seen in 1930's houses.

Green roofs could be a way of both maintaining high enough housing density with limited space, yet still retaining extra garden space. I'd estimate about 50% more garden/green space, on the same small development plot.

St Rhenium

• View Profile
Re: Overlooked potential benefit of green roofs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 11:53:02 AM »
This would be a great benefit. I think 20 or 30 years down the line we'll start to see a lot more architectural mega projects like the Kingdom Tower in Saudi Arabia, and I think an emerging feature you'll start to see is huge communal green areas halfway up and at the top of the towers. Finally, residents of flats, apartments and penthouses might be able to get some real garden space.

On a smaller scale, if I were limited to a small plot of land I'd rather have a bungalow with a garden on the roof and easy access than a two-story house with no garden - any day of the week.

Zarostulus

• View Profile
Re: Overlooked potential benefit of green roofs
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 03:16:52 PM »
I think most green roofs in this early age are built with mainly that in mind actually. Environmental etc benefits are a bonus to them, selling it as a nice thing to have is their primary goal.

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close