water wheel to power the pump-enclosed system
Banner

Hi, Guest

Author Topic: water wheel to power the pump-enclosed system  (Read 50 times)

PaulPulver

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
« on: August 10, 2018, 09:30:31 AM »
Hello,

I have been wondering about how to power the pump without using the grid, or trying to rely on solar/battery. I haven't seen anything on Google about this application.What I did see were articles and videos on both elements of it, though. Regarding the system itself, I found an article that suggested the viability of it to power the pump. Unfortunately, the author did not drill down into that application specifically, as their main topic was to debunk the broader use of the system to generate additional power (beyond that which would be needed by the pump).Relating to the water wheel as an enclosed system, I easily found a couple of YouTube videos which demonstrated the enclosed loop. The only thing this served to demonstrate, however, is that the pump can function.All of these pieces of information leave me wondering. Even if, as the author of the"micro-hydro-electric power generator" article stated, it is NOT a viable system to generate additional electricity, I still think that the limited application of simply powering the pump (As shown by the water wheel videos) can still be scaled up sufficiently to create its' own self-sustaining flow loop as needed for an aquaponics system.My question: Has anyone else approached this method? Has anyone been successful? I think it is completely do-able!!

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28520
video demonstration

Thank you.

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close