Solar supply in continuous appliance use scenario
Banner

Hi, Guest

Author Topic: Solar supply in continuous appliance use scenario  (Read 439 times)

ruasonid

• Hello I am new here - please say hi.
    • View Profile
« on: May 16, 2018, 02:23:01 PM »
I'm considering to utilize a solar solution to feed into an appliance that is in continuous use. I don't have the exact power draw but likely it is around 600W-800W 24 hours a day. The only supply at present is from the utility/electric company and I'd like to reduce the electric bill. This would also be a first solar project into an outbuilding with the possibility to extend/expand solar into the main residence at some point in future.

Am I correct in thinking that storage would be pointless in the above scenario? It is not a life support system or anything like that so no need of an emergency supply. The location is not great since the outbuilding roof has a western orientation and could fit a max or 3 or 4 2XXW panels. There is a some shading depending on the sun's position. It could be possible to supplement this with a couple of ground mounted panels that could have a southern orientation. So in terms of panels 4-6 maximum at approx 260W each. Far from ideal I know. How could I estimate the output/utilization of supply from the solar panels? In terms of other essential equipment what would be needed?

Find a local installer

Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies

Or

COMPARE PRICES FROM LOCAL INSTALLERS

Compare prices from local companies fast & free

Enter your postcode to compare quotes from leading professionals. We promise to keep your information Safe & Secure. Privacy Policy

Press Esc to close