News:

Welcome to the 'Renewable Energy Forum' - Here you can ask any questions you like to a large panel of industry professionals and like-minded enthusiasts. Or simply search the forum for existing answers to your questions, and chat freely with your peers in our friendly community.

Main Menu

How much does the average loft insulation cost?

Started by LucidEnergy, December 04, 2015, 01:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucidEnergy

I'm hoping the answer is free with subsidies, but I'm not sure if they even exist anymore, otherwise what would the cost be for an average 3 bed semi loft insulation?

Jemappelle

Usually under £500, perhaps as low as £300 depending on the cost. It's not as big an expense as you might think, and as you say there are often subsidies.

JamesH

My neighbour paid £295 for his, and I assume that would be not much different unless your loft is particularly unusual.

olivermasson99

Oliver Masson
For further Details about me see
http://www.perfectsolarhome.com/

sprayfoam

The cost of loft insulation per square metre is determined by the material used. Mostly, tradespeople charge per day around £150 to £200 for loft insulation, and installers do additional jobs like electrical wire relocation or loft boarding, which further increase the cost.

However, the overall cost of loft insulation is cost depends on many factors, such as the thickness of the insulation material that would be needed.

The size of the area that must be covered
The amount or volume of insulation material that you need
How easily the loft area can be accessed
The overall structure's size would be required.
Amount of labor that would be needed for the setup of the insulation, etc.

spray foam

Green Air

Amy

The cost of loft insulation will vary depending on the size of your home and the type of insulation you choose.
If you live in a terraced house, the cost of loft insulation can range from £125 to £1,720. Blanket insulation costs between £125 and £160; loose-fill insulation costs between £180 and £225; sheet insulation costs between £250 and £310; and blown fibre insulation costs between £1,375 and £1,720.

Loft insulation costs between £200 and £2,750 for semi-detached homes. Blanket insulation costs between £200 and £250; loose-fill insulation costs between £290 and £360; sheet insulation costs between £400 and £500; and blown fibre insulation costs between £2,200 and £2,750.

Also you can get your loft insulation done for free, if you are eligible for insulation grants..