News:

Welcome to the 'Renewable Energy Forum' - Here you can ask any questions you like to a large panel of industry professionals and like-minded enthusiasts. Or simply search the forum for existing answers to your questions, and chat freely with your peers in our friendly community.

Main Menu

Hybrid system

Started by yebaws, September 15, 2022, 08:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yebaws

I would like to install a hybrid (battery charging, grid connected) system at my property. I'd like some advice please about what is possible with my setup.

System I'm looking at has the following:

[list]
[li]4.5kw panels[/li]
[li]2 x Pylon 3.5kWh US3000C Li-ion Battery - 48V Lithium[/li]
[li]Solis Energy Storage 3.6kW Hybrid 5G Inverter with DC switch for On Grid Hybrid for 48V batteries[/li]
[/list]

Panels would be ground mounted, about 100m away from CU in house. There is an existing SWA cable run from its own circuit on the CU to the installation point of the panels. Batteries and inverter would be installed outside, near the panels, in a suitably weatherproof enclosure. DNO Meter is about 50m away from house in the opposite direction (SWA cable from DNO meter to house CU)

I appreciate a significant voltage loss given the cable length, but this will be more than compensated for by the extra generation (house is mostly shaded and cable runs up a steep bank to where it is rarely shaded.)

Given that I don't want to run any more cables owing to the practicality of doing this, what are the possibilities / limitations of my setup?

I appreciate that the cabling setup won't allow me to have critical load capacity, but can the system still basically work as intended - ie charge batteries with surplus power in the daytime and then run down the batteries when demand from the house outstrips supply as load increases / pv generation decreases?

Thank you.