Installers of infrared heaters
Infrared heating panels have a few advantages over some other solutions both for your home and office. First of all they are fairly simple devices that are easy to fix to a wall and just need to be attached to an electricity supply. Secondly you have flexible choices about where you want to install your panel, either on the wall, the ceiling, even in the floor in some cases. And finally infrared heating panels can be found in a range of designs from cool mirrors, eye-catching wall art and clean ceramics.
You have two choices with infrared heating panels – you can buy them yourself from a supplier or manufacturerand install them if you have a bit of DIY experience or you can go for a qualified installer who can evaluate your total needs and put in the panels for you as well as thermostats if needed.
If you are looking for an installer to put up your panels then you can easily search our database for a list of them in your area. This is a growth industry and there are quite a few different products to choose from so here is our checklist for finding the right person to do the job for you, particularly if you are looking for a solution for your whole house or office instead of just a single panel.
- A reputable infared heating installer should be able to evaluate your home and make a judgement on how many you need as well as the number of thermostats required.
- You should have a choice of different types and styles of panel including wall and ceiling mounted. Many installers also offer panels that you can print your own design or picture onto or other styles such as mirrors and aluminium frames.
- The installation process for infrared panels is relatively simple – similar to putting a television on the wall – so it is the positioning that is probably the most important thing to consider.
- Each infrared panel should come with a manufacturer’s warranty which is normally for about five years but in some cases ten.
- Beware of installers who make wild claims about their own infrared heating panels. It helps to do your research beforehand so that you have a good idea what you are being told is true or not.
- The installation of infrared heating panels is now included in the Green Deal which means that there has been a growth of suppliers and installers offering them.
Questions to ask your installer
If you are looking to have infrared panels installed throughout your property, whether it is a home or office, it’s helpful to keep a list of questions for anyone who offers to do the job for you. In fact, these questions apply to any work you may be having done so it’s worth keeping them to hand.
- Have they got a good track record and can they give you the contact details of someone they have completed a similar job for?
- How long have they been operating?
- Do they just supply one model of infrared panel or a range you can choose from?
- What is the warranty and do they have liability insurance?
- Are they a member of a trade association?
- Are there likely to be hidden charges or is the quote fixed?
If you have done your research then you should have a realistic idea of the amount the installation is going to cost so beware of quotes that seem too low as well as those that appear high. The trick is to get a number of quotes so that you can make a reasonable choice based on the amount being charged and the competence of the installer.
You can find a list of installers in your area by searching our comprehensive database.