Voltage Optimisation is a ‘foundation efficiency technology.’ It compliments or enhances the performance of renewable technologies allowing them to integrate more harmoniously and effectively into your projects.
It needs to be understood that a Voltage Optimiser does not directly make an energy saving – it merely creates a voltage that derives a saving by providing a voltage closer to the designed parameters of your appliances.
The result is an energy saving but it is the appliance that is consuming less power and not some power ‘electrickery’ going on at the optimiser end.
The B60PVM is for new PV installations that require whole house voltage optimisation. The unit has a PV pass-through that simplifies wiring and the installation process. For retrofits we recommend using the B60 unit as there is no need to disturb the existing wiring for the PV system.
Because supplied grid voltages are higher than the appliances optimal voltage requirement. This results in:
- The operating life of appliances being reduced dramatically
- An increase in the power they consume
- Electrical bills and carbon footprint being unnecessarily raised
The straight forward approach to this is anyone with a voltage that persists at 234V or higher which accounts for about 90% of homes in the UK. An electrician can check this for you or you can buy a simple plug in tester shown below or on this website.
In terms of reduction in demand typically between 6 & 14% of billing. Voltage Optimisation does not itself save kWh. It creates a condition for savings to be achieved.
For connected PV systems the B60 in conjunction with the PV + prevents over-voltage cut-out during peak generation periods. By doing this, increases of up-to 25% in generation are achievable over the year under the right conditions.
We each have around £10,000 of appliances in our homes. Many of our appliances operational lives could be shortened by as much as 55% as a consequence of over voltage.
The output from Solar Panels goes into the home or back into the grid at approximately 5V higher than the grid supply.
In areas where there is a high proliferation of solar – voltages have been recorded in the UK as high as 270V!
- Reduces household demand by restricting voltage to avoltage closer to the appliances optimal design parameter
- Reduces electricity bills by up to 15%
- Increases the potential yeild from PV Systems by upto 25%
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Extends the useful operating life of household appliances
- Reduces landfill by preserving appliances
- Enhances overall ROI on solar PV Systems and Air Sourced Heat Pumps
- It is non-invasive and requires no behavioural change to display results
- It can be installed quickly and doesn’t require switching providers
- In most cases it will pay back the end user within 4 years, far less with a PV system attached
- Increases household safety as prolonged overvoltage can cause appliances to overheat or even catch fire
- Compliments renewable technology in providing on site governance of supplied household voltages from inverters back out to household load
Read more about this exceptional device in the attached downloadable brochure
*The B60PVM unit is only required when installing a PV System at the same time as this Whole House Voltage Optimisation System. If the PV System is already installed please purchase the B60 Unit.
*Both the B60 and the B60PVM will require a PV+ Unit to be installed as well if the PV system requires voltage optimisation s well.
* The Pricing is Supply Only - Fitting can be arranged for an additional £150+VAT (Or you can arrange for installation yourself)
Welcome to the biggest directory of UK renewable energy companies
Compare prices from local companies fast & free