Mumford & Wood Ltd
Quality British Craftsmanship Since 1954
The Mumford & Wood story began in 1954 when two woodworking apprentices, Derek Mumford and Dennis Wood, formed their own business partnership, primarily undertaking refurbishment work in and around Essex.
Increasing demand during the 1960s & 70s for the limited company’s high quality joinery and refurbishment skills saw successive moves to larger premises in Ongar, Essex.
A statement of intent was made in 1984 when Mumford & Wood became the first manufacturer in the UK to install an automated window construction line. This immediately created new design possibilities and efficiencies and lead to an increasing focus on the architectural market.
In 1997 Mumford & Wood produced the first fully factory finished, glazed sash windows in the industry. The company also pioneered and developed the system for creating Georgian replica windows using applied glazing bars.
A year later Mumford & Wood moved to its current location in Tiptree, Essex, which over the years has undergone a series of expansions which have all been driven by increasing demand for the timber doors, casement and sash windows of their Conservation™ range.
Over the years the Mumford & Wood brand has built a well-earned reputation amongst architects, developers and aspirational home owners for bespoke products of outstanding quality, all proudly made in Great Britain.
- Double & Triple Glazing