News:

Welcome to the 'Renewable Energy Forum' - Here you can ask any questions you like to a large panel of industry professionals and like-minded enthusiasts. Or simply search the forum for existing answers to your questions, and chat freely with your peers in our friendly community.

Main Menu

Is it legal to sell your collected rainwater in England?

Started by St Rhenium, December 02, 2015, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Rhenium

If you had a really good system here, I'd imagine it may be possible to sell large amounts of dirty water water at a very low cost for people to use in their gardens in your area. Would this be legal? If so, are there any requirements or exclusions?

LucidEnergy

I believe that if you were selling enough to be profitable you would run into trouble. But selling any amount would probably require licensing, so that alone would make it impractical, but I'm no legal expert.

allegrif

With rules and regulations like this, the issue never stems from the act of collecting rainwater, or even selling it. The concerns of the authorities are more to do with groundwater contamination if you're not doing it right. I believe this would be the only reason any authority would ever have an issue with you taking on a project like this. Safety is their focus.

Zarostulus

[quote author=allegrif link=topic=196.msg514#msg514 date=1449156334]
With rules and regulations like this, the issue never stems from the act of collecting rainwater, or even selling it. The concerns of the authorities are more to do with groundwater contamination if you're not doing it right. I believe this would be the only reason any authority would ever have an issue with you taking on a project like this. Safety is their focus.
[/quote]
This. Can you imagine if someone had collected a lovely batch of e-coli in their water drums, sold it and infected half a town with the illness? Questions would rightly be raised about why the state hadn't done more to regulate the sale and monitor the safety of the water - even if it was brownwater. If water is seriously infected with something, all it takes is a few droplets to enter your system while you water your plants and you'll be struck down with the bug.

Peoldic

Is it legal to sell your collected rainwater in England? Tell me those points which show us it is legal or not, If it is legal then should make more [url=https://my-assignment.help/cheap-assignment-help-australia/]cheap assignment help australia[/url] which approves that your collected rainwater is legal or not if it is not legal then you have to skip to do working.

bubbleboba

[quote author=Zarostulus link=topic=196.msg522#msg522 date=1449157296]
This. Can you imagine if someone had collected a lovely batch of e-coli in their water drums, sold it and infected half a town with the illness? Questions would rightly be raised about why the state hadn't done more to regulate the sale and monitor the safety of the water - even if it was brownwater. If water is seriously infected with something, all it takes is a few droplets to enter your system while you water your plants and you'll be struck down with the bug.
[/quote]
This, again. I would be constantly worried that the water I sold would cause issues.

simonss22

[quote]
This, again. I would be constantly worried that the water I sold would cause issues.
[/quote]

that's true
I would too